Since 2016, Connected Everything has been funding high-quality digital manufacturing research. To learn more about this research, we have curated a list of the current publications that we are aware of, but please get in touch with email@example.com if you know of any additional publications not on this list. We look forward to reading about the innovative research from the Connected Everything II feasibility studies as they publish their findings.
Connected Everything II – Accelerating Digital Manufacturing Research Collaboration and Innovation
1. Tlegenov Y, Hawkridge G, McFarlane D, Parlikad A, Reyner N, Thorne A, (2020). Low Cost Monitoring on a Shoestring: Solutions for Digital Manufacturing. IFAC-PapersOnLine,
2. Watson N, Bowler A, Rady A, Fisher O, Simeone A, Escrig J….. Adedeji A, (2021). Intelligent Sensors for Sustainable Food and Drink Manufacturing. Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems.
3. Russo A, Robb B, Soldini S, Paoletti P, Bailet G, McInnes CR, Reveles J, Sugihara AK, Bonardi S and Mori O (2022) Mechanical Design of Self-Reconfiguring 4D-Printed OrigamiSats: A New Concept for Solar Sailing. Front. Space Technol. 3:876585. doi: 10.3389/frspt.2022.876585
4. Nan Zhang, Rami Bahsoon, Nikos Tziritas, Georgios Theodoropoulos (2022) Knowledge Equivalence in Digital Twins of Intelligent Systems. doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2204.07481
5. Lavaf, Y., Barakat, M., & Chatzimichali, A., Embedded intelligent empathy: A systematic review towards a conceptual framework, CAAD Futures 2021, Biannual international conference on computational architecture, 11 – 18 July 2021
6. Lavaf, Y., Barakat, M., & Chatzimichali, A., Embedded intelligent empathy: A systematic review towards a conceptual framework, Communications in Computer and Information Science, Book Series
7. Mak, S., Xu, L., Pearce, T., Ostroumov, M., & Brintrup, A. (2021, October). Coalitional Bargaining via Reinforcement Learning: An Application to Collaborative Vehicle Routing. NeurIPS Cooperative AI Workshop. NeurIPS 2021
8. Schoepf S., (2022) Using Reinforcement Learning for the Three-Dimensional Loading Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem, Masters Thesis ETH Zurich & University of Cambridge.
9. Xu, L., Mak S., Brintrup, A (2021) Will bots take over the supply chain? Revisiting Agent-based supply chain automation. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2021.108279
10. Studying mental stress factor in occupational safety in the context of the smart factory, 31st ESREL 2021, Angers, France, doi: 10.3850/978-981-18-2016-8_024-cd
11. Building trust and safety correlates for autonomous systems using physiological, behavioural and subjective measures, 13th AHFE 2022, 24-28 July, New York, USA.
12. Ojameruaye, B., Bahsoon, R. (2021). Sustainability ArchDebts: An Economics-Driven Approach for Evaluating Sustainable Requirements. In: Calero, C., Moraga, M.Á., Piattini, M. (eds) Software Sustainability. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-69970-3_16
13. S. Fungprasertkul and R. Bahsoon, “Managing Technical Debt Under Uncertainty,” in IEEE Software, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 30-34, Nov.-Dec. 2021, doi: 10.1109/MS.2021.3101945.
14. H. T. N. Ignatius and R. Bahsoon, “A Conceptual Reference Model for Human as a Service Provider in Cyber Physical Systems,” 2021 International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems (SEAMS), 2021, pp. 1-10, doi: 10.1109/SEAMS51251.2021.00012.
15. S N Chandler-Wilde, S Kamza, O Fisher, D Fearnshaw, and E Jones, Reflections on an EDI Survey of UK-Government-Funded Research Networks in the UK. Accepted for Inter-Noise 2022. https://centaur.reading.ac.uk/105534/
16. Nan Zhang, Rami Bahsoon, Nikos Tziritas, Georgios Theodoropoulos. Knowledge Equivalence in Digital Twins of Intelligent Systems. 2022. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2204.07481
17. Nan Zhang, Rami Bahsoon, Nikos Tziritas, Georgios Theodoropoulos. Explainable Human-in-the-loop Dynamic Data-Driven Digital Twins. 2022. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2207.09106
18. Fisher, O.J.; Rady, A.; El-Banna, A.A.A.; Watson, N.J.; Emaish, H.H. Intelligent Image Classification for Grading Egyptian Cotton Lint. Preprints 2021, 2021080139 (doi: 10.20944/preprints202108.0139.v1).
19. Chatzimichali, Anna; Barakat, Merate Barakat; Pour, Yahya Lavaf; Calvo, Mirian (2022): Co-Design Data Analysis Report – Embedded Intelligent Empathy Project. Based on Industry Engagement Event, Collaborative Design Workshop. Online resource. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.21166624.v1
20. Connected Everything 2021 conference posters – go to this page for links to the posters
21. Connected Everything 2022 conference posters – go to this page for links to the posters.
Connected Everything I – Network Plus: Industrial Systems in the Digital Age
1. FISHER O, WATSON N, PORCU L, BACON D, RIGLEY M, GOMES R, (2021). Multiple target data-driven models to enable sustainable process manufacturing: An industrial bioprocess case study. Journal of Cleaner Production,
2. Gomaa M, Jabi W, Veliz Reyes A, Soebarto V, (2021). 3D printing system for earth-based construction: Case study of cob. Automation in Construction,
3. Alhumayani H, Gomaa M, Soebarto V, Jabi W, (2020). Environmental assessment of large-scale 3D printing in construction: A comparative study between cob and concrete. Journal of Cleaner Production,
4. Stanley-Marbell P, Alaghi A, Carbin M, Darulova E, Dolecek L, Gerstlauer A, Gillani G… Zufferey D. (2020). Exploiting Errors for Efficiency A Survey from Circuits to Applications. ACM Computing Surveys,
5. Wang Y, Willis S, Tsoutsouras V, Stanley-Marbell P. (2019). Deriving Equations from Sensor Data Using Dimensional Function Synthesis. ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems,
6. Meech J, Stanley-Marbell P. (2021). Efficient Programmable Random Variate Generation Accelerator From Sensor Noise. IEEE Embedded Systems Letters,
7. Stanley-Marbell P, Rinard M. (2020). Warp: A Hardware Platform for Efficient Multimodal Sensing With Adaptive Approximation. IEEE Micro,
8. Walker D, McCluskey T, Yu G, Petrovic S, Li H. (2019). Fully automating fine-optics manufacture – why so tough, and what are we doing?. Journal of the European Optical Society-Rapid Publications,
9. Veliz Reyes A, Jabi W, Gomaa M, Chatzivasileiadi A, Ahmad L, Wardhana N, (2019). Negotiated matter: a robotic exploration of craft-driven innovation. Architectural Science Review,
10. Charnley F, Tiwari D, Hutabarat W, Moreno M, Okorie O, Tiwari A, (2019). Simulation to Enable a Data-Driven Circular Economy. Sustainability,
11. Easson M, Edwards J, Mao N, Carr C, Marshall D, Qu J….. Condon B, (2018). Structure/Function Analysis of Nonwoven Cotton Topsheet Fabrics: Multi-Fiber Blending Effects on Fluid Handling and Fabric Handle Mechanics. Materials,
12. Gomaa M, Carfrae J, Goodhew S, Jabi W, Veliz Reyes A, (2019). Thermal performance exploration of 3D printed cob. Architectural Science Review,
13. Okaro I, Jayasinghe S, Sutcliffe C, Black K, Paoletti P, Green P, (2019). Automatic fault detection for laser powder-bed fusion using semi-supervised machine learning. Additive Manufacturing,
14. Walker D, Yu G, Beaucamp A, Bibby M, Li H, McCluskey L….. Reynolds C, (2017). More steps towards process automation for optical fabrication.
15. Mohamed Gomaa, Jaroslav Vaculik, Veronica Soebarto, Michael Griffith, Wassim Jabi,
Feasibility of 3DP cob walls under compression loads in low-rise construction, Construction and Building Materials, Volume 301, 2021, doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2021.124079.
16. Fisher et al. (2022) Data-driven modelling for resource recovery: Data volume, variability, and visualisation for an industrial bioprocess. Biochem. Eng. J. 185:108499 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bej.2022.108499