We returned to having a face-to-face Connected Everything conference in May.
Title: Connected Everything Annual Conference: Digital Manufacturing Research Collaboration and Innovation
Location: University of Liverpool, Victoria Gallery & Museum (VGM)
Dates: Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 May 2022
What to expect: We had a focus on the challenges faced by the manufacturing sector including trying to achieve net zero carbon , adapting to the ongoing pressures caused by covid and the theme of early career support for academics will run through the conference.
Full conference programme: This can be accessed on this page in MS Word and PDF formats. Recorded sessions from the conference will be shared on our You Tube channel – click here to access the playlist.
Poster presentations can be viewed via this link
Additional Conference Information: Covid Safety and Conference Code of Conduct. The venue is equipped with an IR (Infrared) system rather than an induction loop. The VGM reception desk keep a number of receivers charged up ready to loan out to delegates that require them.
Katherine Bennett, CBE FRAeS, Chief Executive Officer, High Value Manufacturing Catapult
Professor Kate Black describing how she transferred her academic research into the spin-out company Meta-Additive Ltd
Plus sessions with:
- Presentations from our Feasibility Studies
- NSG Pilkington presenting outcomes of the world’s first hydrogen firing of a glass furnace
- Chris Courtney, Challenge Director of ISCF Manufacturing Made Smarter, UKRI presenting on the Made Smarter Research Centres
- Workshop to support our 2050 thought leadership review led by Professor Fiona Charnley
- Round-table discussions of early-career support in academia chaired by Dr Nik Watson