Connected Everything is an EPSRC-funded research network for the Digital Manufacturing community which is addressing the question ‘how do we support the future of manufacturing in the UK?‘
Connected Everything’s outputs will help direct the strategic choices to be made with respect to future UK research funding in this area.
How are we doing this?
- Funding a set of discipline-bridging feasibility studies
- Building collaborative efforts between industry and academia and across disciplines
- Initiating a forum for discussion and debate
- Providing a hub for information
- Surveying the UK’s manufacturing infrastructure and centres of research
- Identifying key opportunities for the UK, and
- Specifying key research challenges
Connected Everything has initiated a series of activities to stimulate discussion and inform debate.
Conferences: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Our approach is inclusive and multi-disciplinary with a clear focus on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). We have developed a guiding principle to to help Connected Everything become fully representative of the digital manufacturing community it serves:
Connected Everything knows that diverse teams deliver high quality research outcomes. Furthermore, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion approaches lead to happy and healthy research teams. CEII wants to encourage, support and respect ideas from everyone and ensure our inclusive activities are representative of our network’s community.
Our EDI Principle document was first published in December 2020 and will be reviewed quarterly, alongside our action plan.
In 2021/22 we have also developed a prototype for EDI ideation cards to help users embed EDI into their research projects. For more information on this go to a recording of an introduction session we delivered.