Connected Everything (CEII) is looking to fund its first round of feasibility studies. Projects can be between 6 and 12 months in length, and should complete before the end of June 2021. We are looking to fund up to five projects of up to a maximum value of £60,000 at full Economic Cost (fEC), with funding to be awarded at 80% fEC.
Connected Everything I defined a set of key thematic areas:
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Cyber-physical systems
- Data analytics and decision making
- The future industrial worker
- Service design and customisation
- Design for future manufacturing
CEII has added three new thematic areas, for which we are developing definitions and research challenges:
- Creativity and design
- Sociotechnical data-rich systems
Proposals should address challenges at low TRLs (1-3) and be aligned with at least one of the thematic areas outlined above.
Applicants should consider that the following criteria will be used by the review panel when assessing the proposal:
- Multidisciplinary and clear demonstration of “discipline-bridging” through activity;
- Involvement of industry stakeholders;
- Involvement of early career researchers;
- Potential for development of future funding applications from EPSRC (e.g. responsive mode), Innovate UK or other funding streams;
- Demonstration of transfer of concepts from other domains to manufacturing;
- Potential to lead to strong dissemination materials;
- Paths to accelerate impact of research to ensure rapid transfer to industry.
|28 November 2019||Call for proposals goes live|
|12 December 2019||Virtual Q&A information session|
|20 January 2020||Deadline for submissions|
07 February 2020
|Invitations to Pitch Panel Day issued
Unsuccessful proposals advised
|25 February 2020||Pitch Panel Day|
|28 February 2020||Successful proposals announced|
|16 March 2020||Kick off meeting (University of Nottingham)|
|April 2020||Feasibility studies begin|
Full details of the call (PDF)
Budget template spreadsheet (EXCEL)
If you have any questions regarding this call, please contact the Connected Everything II Manager, Debra Fearnshaw (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can also sign up to the online Q&A session on Thursday 12 December at 1pm by registering here for your ticket.