Six key thematic areas were identified at Connected Everything’s outset:
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Cyber-Physical Production Systems – report released June 2018
- Data Analytics and Decision Making
- Service Design and Customisation – report released June 2018
- Design for Future Manufacturing – report released June 2018
- The Future Industrial Worker – report released June 2018
A Champion for each thematic area, appointed from Connected Everything’s Executive Group, led work to:
- define the thematic area
- provide an overview of its importance and value to Industrial Systems in the Digital Age
- identify the state of current research in the area and the centres of excellence where this is conducted.
Draft thematic area reports were presented and discussed at a Connected Everything Executive Group meeting in January 2018 and this led to the specification of four research challenges. All thematic area reports, as well as the research challenges report, will be available in early July 2018.