Six key thematic areas were identified at Connected Everything’s outset:
- Industrial Internet of Things – report released September 2018
- Cyber-Physical Production Systems – report released June 2018
- Data Analytics and Decision Making – report released September 2018
- Service Design and Customisation – report released June 2018
- Design for Future Manufacturing – report released June 2018
- The Future Industrial Worker – report released June 2018
A Champion for each thematic area, appointed from Connected Everything’s Executive Group, led work to:
- define the thematic area
- provide an overview of its importance and value to Industrial Systems in the Digital Age
- identify the state of current research in the area and the centres of excellence where this is conducted.
Draft thematic area reports were presented and discussed at a Connected Everything Executive Group meeting in January 2018 and this led to the specification of four research challenges. The research challenges report will be available soon.