The Network Plus is currently developing a set of thematic areas around which further events and activities will be developed. At our launch event in October 2016, a number of suggestions were generated. Further work has been undertaken and the following 6 thematic areas have been chosen for further work:
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Cyber-physical production systems
- Data analytics and decision making
- Service design and customisation
- Design for future manufacturing
- The future industrial worker
Each of the thematic areas has been allocated a Champion from the Network Plus’ Executive Group and work to define the thematic area, outline its importance/value to Industrial Systems in the Digital Age and identify current research, including areas of excellence has begun. The thematic area groups will report back in January 2018.