Working in partnership with the HVM Catapult, Connected Everything is looking to fund a second round of feasibility studies. Projects can be between 6 and 18 months in length, and should complete before the end of June 2019. We are looking to fund up to five projects of up to a maximum of £60,000 (80%FEC) per project.
Connected Everything has defined a set of key thematic areas, which can be used to guide the development of project proposals:
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Cyber-physical systems
- Data analytics and decision making
- The future industrial worker
- Service design and customisation
- Design for future manufacturing
- Systems analysis and control
As they are partners in this funding call, submissions that focus on key priority areas identified by the HVM Catapult will also be considered.
Applicants should consider that the following criteria will be used by the review panel when assessing the proposal:
- Multidisciplinary and clear demonstration of “discipline-bridging” through activity;
- Involvement of industry stakeholders;
- Involvement of early career researchers;
- Potential for development of future funding applications from EPSRC (responsive mode),
- Innovate UK or Horizon 2020;
- Demonstration of transfer of concepts from other domains to manufacturing;
- Potential to lead to strong dissemination materials;
- Paths to accelerate impact of research to ensure rapid transfer to industry.
|28 July 2017||Call for proposals goes live|
|15 September 2017||Virtual Q&A information session|
|29 September 2017||Deadline for submissions|
27 October 2017
|Invitations to Dragons’ Den Day issued
Unsuccessful proposals advised
|13 November 2017||Dragons’ Den Day|
|22 November 2017||Successful proposals announced|
|06 December 2017||Kick off meeting (University of Nottingham)|
|January 2018||Feasibility studies begin|
Full details of the call (PDF)
Budget template spreadsheet (EXCEL)
If you have any questions regarding this call, please contact the Connected Everything Manager, Moira Petrie (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).